"Lab-metal" is used to smooth over rough welds and is easily sanded.
Easy to use
Lab-metal fills dents and flaws in metal and nonmetal parts easily and economically. Apply Lab-metal right from the can with a putty knife or similar tool. No two-component mixing or measuring is necessary, therefore there is no waste. Heat, special tools and specialized skill are unnecessary. Many applications may be made from a single can.
Thin to brush or spray
Lab-metal may be thinned to paint consistency with Lab-solvent and brushed or sprayed on practically any surface to provide a rustproof, water resistant, hard metal finish.
Lab-metal adheres to any clean and dry metal, wood, glass, plaster, porcelain and hard plastic surface. Its strong bond withstands vibration and other difficult conditions. Lab-metal hardens quickly without heat, providing a durable metal surface.
Once hardened, Lab-metal can be milled, chiseled, drilled, sawed, tapped and machined. Filing, sanding or grinding Lab-metal to a feather edge provides a smooth metallic repair. Lab-metal will not shrink, crack or peel. Not affected by mild acids, gasoline, oil or petroleum solvents. Lab-metal is aluminum filled, resisting attack of rust, rot and mildew. Lab-metal withstands temperatures as high as 350ºF (and as low as -40oF) and when hard, can be painted with lacquer or enamel without danger of bubbling, lifting paint, chipping or peeling. Lab-metal stands up to normal paint baking procedures and may also be powder coated (see special powder coating instructions).
Lab-metal’s true metal hardness is achieved with greater ease than other materials sold for repair and finishing. Lab-metal sells for considerably less than epoxy systems. Its strength, hardness, durability and abrasion resistance surpass basic requirements for fillers set by the nation’s largest metalworking plants. Lab-metal is the repair putty of choice because of its extensive can life, ready-to-use formulation, versatility of applications, and durability.
Alvin Products can be used for:
- High Temperature Epoxy for Powder Coating
- Epoxy Adhesive for metal castings
- Epoxy Putty for Aluminum
- Conductive Epoxy for Powder Coating
- Wood Epoxy Filler for Filling imperfections
- Aluminum Epoxy for metal castings
- High Temp Epoxy for Patching
- Epoxy Sealant for metal, wood and auto bodies
- Engine Block epoxy filler
- Epoxy Potting Compound
- Silicone Sealant for metal and rough welds
- Joint sealant for metal
- Head Gasket Sealant and crack repair
- Auto Body and filler compound
- High Temperature resistant metal patch
- High Temperature Adhesive for filling surface defects
- High Temperature metal repair compound
- Seal Porosity in Castings