Thurmalox 2655 Silicone Caulk / Sealant 550F(288C) brochure (PDF)
Order Now Online
Thurmalox 2655 is a one-part, room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) silicone adhesive/sealant for high-temperature industrial applications. It cures to a tough, elastomeric rubber upon exposure to atmospheric moisture and retains permanent flexibility from -80F to 550F (-62C-288C) and will withstand intermittent exposures to 650F (343C).
Thurmalox 2655 Adhesive/Sealant provides excellent adhesion to most surfaces including: metals, painted surfaces, ceramics, glass, rubber and plastics.
Typical applications include:
- Sealing hot surfaces of air pollution control equipment to prevent acid dew point corrosion caused by in-leakage of moist ambient air
- For baghouses, precipitators, access doors, expansion joints, vent and flue connections, duct work, damper seals and test ports
- Fired heaters, boilers, ovens, windows
- Prevention of dust and dirt contamination of electrical controls, instruments and motors
- Stoves, fireplace inserts and flue pipes
- Formed-in-place gaskets around pipes, valves, process equipment and tanks containing hot liquids
- Formed-in-place gaskets for compressors, pumps, engines, gear boxes and other machinery Features
- 100% silicone rubber
- Outstanding thermal stability over a wide service temperature range
- Retains permanent flexibility under stress by heat, radiation and weather
- Unaffected by weather, moisture, UV radiation and ozone
- Highly resistant to chemical attack
- Excellent unprimed adhesion to many materials
- Will not sag, slump or run upon application
- Excellent dielectric and insulation properties
See other Dampney Products.